Self-Paced Certified Scrum Professional – ScrumMaster (CSP-SM)®
Self-Paced Online Course – Frequent 1-on-1 Coaching sessions, using Zoom & Mural
Duration: 3 weeks to 12 months
Employers aren’t even asking for the CSP-SM. So why should I…?
The Certified Scrum Professional – ScrumMaster® course and certification are here for true Scrum Professionals. We’ll be honest with you, you’re right. Employers are not looking for this certification, yet. But they will be, soon. Employers are already reeling from all of the changes in the certification landscape as far as Scrum goes. The A-CSM and CSP-SM are fairly new, and employers have finally figured out that the A-CSM badge on a candidate’s resume means that the candidate is excelling at what they do, they enjoy it, and are dedicated to being among the best.
The CSP-SM is here to distinguish the best of the best. Attaining the CSP-SM means that Top-Tier Scrum Alliance members believe that you will be the next generation of Certified Coaches and Certified Trainers. And, as members of that group, we here at Wisecrum are here to welcome you into that group by training and coaching you to excellence.
How is Self-Paced different?
Our Self-Paced CSP-SM course puts YOU in the driver’s seat. You decide what area of study to do next. You decide when (and sometimes how) to do assignments/activities.
You will have up to a year to complete all of the same modules that other students will be completing in 3-days, but without the 3 full days out of work or away from the family. If you are an accomplished Scrum Master, you should be able to accomplish the demands of this self-paced course in a few months with just an hour of work per night each week night.
Your assigned instructor is dedicated to helping you understand the relevance of each module, and how much work is needed to complete the modules.
Please understand, there is quite a lot of self-study involved in this program. Very few people are able to start this program and complete it with no research at all.
- Lean Thinking & Principles of Lean
- How the Agile Manifesto translates to all types of work
- Visual Facilitation Techniques & Facilitating Remote meetings
- Coaching Agreements
- Coaching Assumptions
- Starting New Scrum Teams
- Effective Scrum Teaching Techniques
- Team Development/Maturity Models
- Coaching teams to higher efficiency/effectivity
- Coaching Product Owners
- Mentoring Models
- Product Vision to Product Backlog – A How To…
- Value Stream Mapping
- Product Owner Patterns
- Coaching in the midst of Corporate Cultural Change
- Creating Personal Development Statements
As a bonus, all Wisecrum CSP-SM students have the opportunity to receive a top psychometric report, the DRIV. This report is the culmination of 12 years of research and application from Dr. Chris Coultas, PhD. This analysis includes a 1-hour consultation with either Rick Waters, or Marcelo Lopez (the only 2 Certified Scrum Trainers in the world wo are also DRIV certified psychometric coaches). If you would like a DRiV report, please initiate that discussion with your assigned instructor.
Is there Prep Work?
Not really pre-work… Unlike the live courses, there’s no pre-work. When you decide to tackle a module, follow the instructions (do the research, complete the exercise, and follow it up with a discussion with your instructor) and you are done. There are very few course materials, but they will be made available on-demand.
Well, maybe there’s a little pre-work… The whole process starts off with a Zoom video conference with your Instructor. Expect an email introduction. In that email, the Instructor will have you setup to meet over Zoom. During that meeting, the details of how to get started will be explained.
- Everything in this course is provided at one price. No discounts available. No preferential treatment. One price for all self-paced students.
Why one price?
- More than anything else, we are concerned about our students. Treating students well, and fairly is our concern. When we started offering in-person and online classes, discounts were needed to level the playing field for all students. This self-paced model of delivering a class is another way to level the playing field for those that don’t have the time to dedicate to 3 full days with a trainer and other students. Offering big discounts would detract from why other students should still take the live classes.
There are no prerequisites for taking this class. However, in order to receive the CSP-SM badge from Scrum Alliance, students must:
- complete the CSP-SM course
- have an active A-CSM certification with Scrum Alliance (if you aren’t sure, look yourself up here)
- have at least 24 months of verifiable experience as a Scrum Master
Is there another exam?
No. Just choose your own odrer of the modules to complete, do the work, and frequently check-in with the instructor. When all modules are complete, you will be submitted for a work experience review. Once the review is completed by a Scrum Alliance staff member, you will be the newest CSP-SM!!!
210 Rivanna Ct, Naperville, IL 60565