Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM)
Live Online Class – Using Zoom & Mural
Duration: 3 Days
I have the CSM… What’s Different?
The Advanced Certified ScrumMaster© (A-CSM) certification shows employers that you are serious about your craft. Scrum Mastery is no joke, and those that carry the A-CSM badge have worked long and hard to attain it. If you are looking for a way to differentiate yourself in the marketplace of Scrum Master candidates, this is the way.
- Facts & Myths surrounding Scrum
- Build Your Own Scrum
- Retrospective formats that produce great results
- Challenges associated with Retrospectives
- Understanding complexity
- Coaching Product Owners – Product Visioning
- Inspecting the Elements of Scrum
- Team Working Agreements
- Planning collaborative events
- Removing Impediments (like a boss!)
- Coaching stances
- Levels of conflict
- Definitions of Done
- What makes a team a Team
- Team Maturity Models (not your normal Tuckman here)
- Skills needed for certain roles (Scrum Master, Product Owner, Project Manager)
- Listening Techniques
- Exploring other Agile approaches
- History of Agile and Scrum
- ‘Agile’ organizational patterns
- Productivity & performance
- What makes a great Scrum Master Candidate (How to hire a great Scrum Master)
Is there Prep Work?
While there is no required prep-work, there is quite a bit of recommended (but optional) reading and videos. The more of the recommended prep-work you’re able to complete prior to class, the deeper your course experience will be. Check out this page to get a head start.
There are no prerequisites for taking this class. However, in order to receive the A-CSM certification from the Scrum Alliance, students must:
- complete the A-CSM course
- have an active CSM certification with Scrum Alliance (if you aren’t sure, look yourself up here)
- have at least 12 months of verifiable experience as a Scrum Master
Is there another exam?
No. There’s no exam for the A-CSM. Just do the Pre-Work, participate in class, and generally show that you understand and can apply the techniques discussed in class.
210 Rivanna Ct, Naperville, IL 60565